vendredi 22 février 2008

Monticello in Paris













In front of the Musée de la Légion d'honneur in Paris stands a statue of Thomas Jefferson. It has been erected in July 2006 with the American ambassador attending the unveiling.

In Jefferson's left hand you can see the lay-out of the Monticello house which was built along the design of the hôtel de Salm (now the Museum of the Legion of honour) that Jefferson is facing.


(This very short post is for Kendalnite's blog which is dedicated to American castles.)

4 commentaires:

Flocon a dit…

Kandelnite,

I hope this will do. I made it as short as your own posts are on America's castles... ;-)

I wish I could have added some links and pics (I tried) but for some reason Blogger doesn't seem to accept them for the time being???

http://tinyurl.com/2mfoee
(Hôtel de Salm)

http://tinyurl.com/2xv8ms
(The unveiling ceremony)

Anonyme a dit…

Thanks Flocon, I will post this tommorrow and also place you on the blogroll.

Thank You, this will give me the little America International Section.

Anonyme a dit…

O.K., I pulled myself away from work to do the post. (I was excited to have it) It gives a different view and I like showing the postives that other countries do to protect America History.

I know recently the french salvaged a WW2 plane froms somewhere in eastern europe to be placed in a musem. They really do a good job protecting history.

That is why some of the musems in France is my favorite things to do.

You were also placed on my blog roll.

Obob a dit…

Tommy J was a big fan of France due to his gratitude for your help during the Revolutionary War. Few people realize you guys were distracting the British elsewhere on the globe to help us in our cause