samedi 3 mars 2012

Geneviève de Brabant; le galop


This piece of music should'nt fall on deaf ears... and I sort of remember it's Ned who gave me the clue

3 commentaires:

Ned Ludd a dit…

Surprisingly, I even found a version sung in German, but not in French. If you type "deux gendarmes" or something similar on youtube, there are several versions song in English.

Another that shouldn't fall on deaf ears: The Anacreon Song It is also known as To Anacreon in Heaven.

A group called Oaks Ash and Thorn also have a good version: OAT

Ned Ludd a dit…

Actually at youtube "gendarmes duet" gives better results.

Flocon a dit…

The Anacreon song definitively has an Elisabethean air that I never noticed beforehand. I very well can imagine a minstrel playing it on his lute for his Lady Jane...

There are a lot of military marches available on YT of course, yet I dare not give links to Le Boudin par la Légion étrangère. This blog has certain claims in terms of musical decency...